TrekNGolf
Life Behind Bars

Bikes: 2021 Trek FX3 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TrekNGolf
I have been confused about the rim and tire names on my 2021 Trek FX3 Disc and different names shown on Trek’s website.
I have had phone and email contacts (with photos) with Trek Customer Service.

Rims:
My rim name (on the outside) says ‘Bontrager’ (photo). Trek’s website photo and specs say ‘Bontrager TLR’ (tubeless ready) (photo).
There is a decal on the inside of my rim (photo) that says:

“Tubeless Ready
Disc Brake Only 622 x 17
6000AL Made in Cambodia”

Per Trek Customer Service: If your 2021 FX3 Disc rims say Bontrager and has no decal on inside of the rim, you will need to take the bike to your Trek shop to have them test to see if they are TLR rims as it is possible you received TLR rims without the decal on them. If they do not hold sealant then your shop will need to issue a warranty claim so we can replace those wheels.

Bottom line:
· All 2021 FX3 Disc bikes should have TLR rims.
· There are two possible rim names on the 2021 FX3 Disc. (1) ‘Bontrager’ on outside rim with a tubeless ready decal inside the rim or (2) ‘Bontrager TLR’ on the outside rim. Both rim types are correct.

Tires:
My 2021 FX3 Disc was shipped with Bontrager H2 Comp 700 x 32 tires (photo). Trek’s website photo and specs say ‘H2 Hard Case Lite 700 x 32’ (photo) come with this bike.

H2 Comp tire: $27.99 retail.
· Referred to in product description as “…great for a variety of conditions and offers basic puncture protection and durability”.
· Referred to in product details as a “Budget friendly replacement tire..."

H2 Hard Case Lite tire: $37.99 retail.
· Better quality tire than the H2 Comp tires.
· The 700 x 32 tire (non-reflective) is no longer available on Trek’s website.
· Per Trek Customer Service: The 2021 FX3 Disc 700 x 32 tire will change to the ‘Bontrager H2 Hard Case Lite Reflective Hybrid Tire’ (it has a reflective stripe around the tire).
· Bontrager’s H2 Hard Case Lite Reflective Hybrid Tire product information and details are shown Trek’s website.

Bottom Line:
· 2021 FX3 Disc bikes should have been shipped with H2 Hard Case Lite tires.
· Call Trek Customer Service if your 2021 FX3 Disc was shipped with H2 Comp tires (or any other tires).
· Trek Customer Service will need your bike’s serial number and an emailed photo of your H2 Comp tires.
· Trek will ship at no cost Bontrager’s H2 Hard Case Lite Reflective Hybrid Tire, 700 x 32 as the H2 Comp replacement.
· Bontrager’s H2 Hard Case Lite Reflective Hybrid Tires are on back order until Dec 20, 2020. You should check status of your order with Trek Customer Service when “in stock” is known.

My experience with Trek’s Customer Service was outstanding. They understood my confusion and willing to make sure everything is correct.
Like everything else with COVID, be patient with orders.

TrekNGolf

My 2021 FX3 Disc Shipped with Bontrager rim and H2 Comp Tires

2021 FX3 Disc with Bontrager TLR rim and H2 Hard Case Lite Tire from Trek's website.

My 2021 FX3 Disc with Tubeless Ready decal on inside of Bontrager rim.
For anyone who purchased a 2021 Trek FX3 Disc with H2 COMP Hard-Case Lite 700x32 tires:
  • The factory H2 COMP tires are not the correct tires for this bike (see Trek’s website).
  • Trek Corp. will ship for free two H2 Reflective Hard-Case Lite 700x32c tires.
  • Call Trek Customer Service. They will need your bike’s serial number and a photo of your H2 COMP tires.
I don’t know if this issue also applies to 2020 Trek FX3 Disc bikes. Call Customer Service if you’re 2020 FX3 Disc has the H2 COMP tires.

Today, I received my two H2 Reflective Hard-Case Lite 700x32c tires (photo). The non-reflective H2 Hard-Case Lite tires are no longer shipped.

TrekNGolf

H2 Reflective Hard-Case Lite 700x32 tires.
Likes For TrekNGolf: