View Single Post
Old 03-18-20, 06:50 AM
KC8QVO

Bikes: Surly Disk Trucker, 2014 w/Brooks Flyer Special saddle, Tubus racks - Duo front/Logo Evo rear, 2019 Dahon Mariner D8, Both bikes share Ortlieb Packer Plus series panniers, Garmin Edge 1000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 99 Posts
By the way - the red folding chair is the small version of the Eskimo ice fishing chair. I got that for ice fishing years ago, oddly enough I haven't used it for ice fishing yet though. I started using it in the garage when I was working on stuff and came to really like it. It is a fantastic chair. The best part is it has a back on it. I strap it to the top of the rack so it is easy to grab. Most of the time its on the very top so is the first thing off. When I stop on the side of the trail for breaks I pull it off and it it unfolds instantly giving me a spot to park myself for a bit.

Coffee and snack break on the return trek:

My recliner is an REI Flex Chair. I really like it as well. It is way more comfortable, but it also takes a lot more work to set up and take down. And it is a recliner so it isn't ideal to doing any work out in front - like working the stove cooking or working contacts on the radio from a table. So the Eskimo wins there on both fronts - speed of deployment and posture for "doing things". And I still find it comfortable. The down side is it uses steel legs = heavier. But it is strong and for as much as I use it I'd rather have it well-built to hold up (and it has held very well over the years) so the weight doesn't bother me much.
Likes For KC8QVO: