smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 1,395 Times in 762 Posts
Chrome 1972 Schwinn Paramount (SOLD)

** SOLD **

(Please note that this is not my bike. Read the entire listing before responding. Any description of particular components which are incorrect are my fault, not Michael's.)

I'm helping Michael Barrett (Barrettscv) sell his 1972 chrome Schwinn Paramount (s/n C72159) which happens to be in my basement. The frame and components are in excellent condition. I did not see any chrome pitting. Michael checked with Waterford on the original build. As I understand it, the bar end shifters and Campy brake calipers were spec'd as part of the original build from the factory. Component details:
  • 24.5" seat tube (center-to-top), 23" top tube (center-to-center)
  • Record high flange hubs with flat skewers laced to Super Champion tubular rims
  • Vittoria Corsa G+ 28mm tubulars (look new to me)
  • Campagnolo Record brake calipers
  • Campagnolo bar end shifters
  • Campagnolo NR brake levers (some rash)
  • Campagnolo 27.2 NR seatpost
  • Brooks Pro saddle
  • Campagnolo Patent 71 Nuovo Record rear derailleur
  • Campagnolo Record flat cage front derailleur
  • Campagnolo Nuovo Record Strada crankset, 170mm arms, no date marking
  • Campagnolo Superleggera pedals with AFA toe clips and Christophe straps (look new to me)
  • Cinelli 1A stem — 120mm extension, later style logo
  • Cinelli Giro d'Italia handlebars — 40cm wide, later style logo — New white Newbaum's tape included
  • White Silca Impero pump with Campagnolo chuck
Here are a few photos. This Flickr album contains many more. If you want any more detail shots, let me know. I'm happy to oblige.

The asking price is $1500. If you want to discuss price with Michael or have questions that can't be answered by me simply taking more photos, let me know and I will put you in touch (or you can message Michael via the mention link above).

Last edited by smontanaro; 12-12-22 at 10:19 AM.
Likes For smontanaro: