Old 12-20-20, 12:30 AM
sorenmad

Bikes: 2008 Felt TK2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
how do you even know it is chainline and not other problems?
this issue is more than just getting a proper chainline on the fixed cog, I want to be able to adjust my chainline back and forth using the inner and outer ring mouning points on the sugino RD2, so when I flip the hub, I move the ring to match. I do suspect this is the whole idea of the inner mount, and even the source of the name RD "2", so why not take advantage?

Originally Posted by veganbikes
As far as the chainring bolts why would they have put them in wrong or touched them. You did install them according you to your own account which you have since deleted. .
I switched from free to fixed last week, tried to move the ring like I used to do on the previous crank, an old Bontrager [poor mans omnium], but now with the sugino, it [the ring] hit my frame when on the inner mount. So I put the ring back on the main mount, went to a bike shop and made an appointment for them to move the crank out to the drive side with a spacer.

they did this and put the ring on the inside, but the ring came lose 2 hours [worth of riding] later. Ordinarily i would have shrugged it off, but since the shop was ignorant toward fixed riding and/or condescending to me, and did so before putting my ring on wrong., I didn't shrug it off for a while, and instead posted here in full adhd mode. '[typos bad grammar and all]

ps, I think the cheap sram chains I have been using are part of the trouble too.

pps. no need to change the thread title huh\?

Last edited by sorenmad; 12-20-20 at 12:46 AM.