Old 08-27-21, 11:06 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1327 Post(s)
Liked 2,440 Times in 1,426 Posts
First, welcome Scalage to Bike Forums. I race road and track as many of my racing friends do as well. I have no credentials per se and just ride these things but I have been at it for some time consistently and always use third party coaches and trainers.

Combining strength training for on the bike specific gains is tricky and depends on the athletes’ genetics and goals. Someone whose is experiencing pain and recovery problems is different from someone trying to get to the next level or achieve a goal.

For you I suggest a physical therapist or a good personal trainer at the gym that has eyes on you and solve the DOMS problem when strength training. Otherwise, lifting to increase glute strength to solve a knee issue that causes DOMS and then tanks your on the road cycling performance seems like too many variables to me.

However for BF, I might suggest more metrics about yourself such as weight, height, lifting experience, goals and etc which might keep the discussing going.

I have done strength training in combination with road and track cycling with several different coaches and could offer what worked for me against goals but it seems too complicated to write about and in your case, you are looking for root causes and trouble shooting an not do it this way.

And we get many different posters here in Training and Nutrition and certainly appreciate those with event success such as long distance, road and track racing to contribute. This is not just a recreational forum with racers and others sequestered in specific areas. Otherwise, we lose a lot of valuable advice.

Last edited by Hermes; 08-28-21 at 07:49 AM.