Thread: 2023 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 06-12-23, 01:10 PM
Andrey
Senior Guest

Bikes: Jamis Endura, Cannondale CAAD, Raleigh Cross, Fausto Coppi.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 31 Posts
last chance 600k

Originally Posted by clasher
DNF on a 1000k. Had a decent first day, made 365km+3000m in 17h but had some gut troubles on the first morning and again when I woke up today. Saddle sores are also back with a vengeance which makes it hard to get enough speed going. I don't know about anything more than 400k for now.

My pbp plans are down the drain due to a looming eviction, so I don't have to rush out and try to find a better saddle. Bummed about that but I did seem like I had a chance to finish the 84h and now I have 4 more years to get used to doing that pace.
The is one more 600k on the 24th of June in Rochester NY. Only two people signed up, myself and my friend that crashed on NJ 600 and DNF. It is his last chance to qualify for PBP by riding this 600k on the 24th in upstate NY. The RBA changed the route to a very flat one, so it would be easier to finish it and qualify for PBP. You are welcome to join us. I also have a box of extra saddles that you can try and use it for the ride and for PBP; among them some long distance saddles like very broken in Selle Anatomica and Terry Fly, Sella Italia, Prologo and a few plastic ones.
Likes For Andrey: