View Single Post
Old 11-24-15, 10:24 PM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
Mobile155 brought this up in another thread and provided the link. I agreed that it would be a great idea for a thread on this forum. Sometimes it can be a special challenge to find a suitable job when you're carfree. Have you ever had any issues along this line? What advice would you have for carfree job seekers?

| How to Get a Job without a Car ? My Story -
How do I get a job without a car?

STEP 1. - After high school was over for the day, I walked 7 blocks to a local supermarket

STEP 2. - I asked the manager if he had an application for employment.

STEP 3. - Filled out application and was hired two days later.

That's how I got my first job during high school I used my own two feet to get the job and no car, bicycle or bus was used. (I did use the bus to get to school) I call this from of locomotion, pedestrian transport. LOL!

When I think about it, I only used a car once to secure a job once in 47 years. After securing that job, I either rode my bicycle or took the bus and walked 2 miles to the trucking company. I've only driven a car about two dozen times to work in my entire life.

With the internet, transit schedules and maps all online for free, it's much easier to determine bus and rail times than ever before. I remember how difficult it was to get this information back in the 70's, 80's and 90's. Not anymore. In the morning, I simply go to the transit APP and see how many minutes my bus is from my location and I walk to the stop 10 minutes before arrival.

In fact, it wasn't until 5 years ago that I finally discovered where every bus route in the state goes.