wolfchild
Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,286 Posts
Originally Posted by Walter S
Hardly. Common sense and education and work ethic are much bigger obstacles. LCF need not be much of a factor in many fields of work like my own (software development). In my work people are looking for those with the ability to take on challenging projects and get the work done at a high level of quality and success within a reasonable time-frame. This makes aspects of my personal life like LCF become invisible to my employer.
And how is somebody supposed to prove and demonstrate their common sense, education, experience and work ethic to an employer if that person has no transportation to get to an interview and then get to their job daily on time ??... This whole idea that everybody has a lot of well paying jobs waiting for them all within a walking distance of their home is all false, it's a fantasy only believed by a small group of LCF posters on this forum...Majority of LCF'ers on this forum are absolutely clueless about the difficulties and challenges that a car-free person faces when looking for career advancement opportunities.