Old 05-19-16, 02:47 PM
P_M

Bikes: Devinci Tosca S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rossiny
I looked up the train schedule and found u could leave Saturday morn and come back at nine. brought my bike . I found out they had a green bike lane that was on the main street and easy access to the metra train. It was in Evanston IL where I was commuting to . I found it very relaxing and was able to read on the way back home to Wisconsin. One time before coming back, I almost fell asleep while driving . So decided no more driving an hour there and back,,with the train and bike I got some exercise,, felt refreshed the next day
Yeah, I found a similar effect. And as a consequence of having to schedule my travel within restrictions of things like bus or train schedules, I end up with MORE time doing the activity I was intending on. When I had a car and a girlfriend, I remember going to a concert. We were out for 5 hours - 4 of which were spent driving around - some of it picking up people, dropping people off but not all of it and somehow. Now? I go to a show on the train. If I'm out for 5 hours, it's a half hour there and a half hour back. I'm not rushing around meeting other expectations.

And as you say, being able to relax and read, no worries about being fatigued, and if you can fit in a ride as part of the journey it feels great.

Last edited by P_M; 05-19-16 at 02:54 PM.