Old 01-18-07, 09:04 AM
I_Bike

Bikes: RANS Dynamik

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
Oh, I may not even buy a crank forward. I'm just exploring them. I'll probably buy a recumbent. I'd like to check out a RANS crank forward, but none of the RANS dealers near me stock them. Two used to, but dropped them due to lack of sales.

Of course, Raleigh has discontinued the Gruv due to lack of sales too.

I just might pick up a Gruv at a closeout, as a fool-around bike, one that my wife might ride from time to time. Right now I have an option to buy a brand new 24-spd Gruv 2 for $309. But as I've already passed on the deal for a week now, I guess I'm not that interested in it.
Those two shops, would they be Budget and Momentum? Just Curious...

A note on the bent. As I said earlier, I went from a bent to the Crank Forword. I bought my bent in the late 90's and rode it long and hard. Then in 2005 I rented a Gruv and did a thirty mile jaunt when I visited my daughter. A nice bike but definitely an around-town bike. Then in May 2006 I rode a Crank Forward and file in love with the bike – it was that much better than the Gruv and I found I preferred it over my bent. My bent is long gone, I sold it. Why? I found the RANS to be very “bike like” in a traditional sense, in handling and climbing. Though I liked the comfort of a bent, I was never pleased with how it handled the riding position, and climbing. For me, the RANS brought back the fun to riding with a comfort that is more than acceptable.

No real point to all this other than letting you know how I ended up a CF freak…