View Single Post
Old 12-08-21, 11:15 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7073 Post(s)
Liked 11,151 Times in 4,761 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
Hi all, So i've went for a 2x sram rival crankset, 36/46 compact for my road bike in 175mm crank arm size. My stock 39/53 crankset worked fine, but not enough low gearing with a 12-25 cassette and 53t was too much for most downhills I would encounter.

I know most people are partial to Shimano. I just went for Sram because options with the chainring tooth count I wanted was somewhat limited even in a standard crank arm size and I was limited to BB30, great bottom bracket, didn't want to change it.

I noticed that Shimano has it's own BCD design, so this could be an issue when swapping rings?

Those who are unbiased between the two or at least have experience with one or the other, which one did you find to be better overall?

I like that SRAM has more arm length options (167.5mm, 177.5mm...) and also more chainring combinations other than the standard ones like 34/50 or 36/52 .
If you've already bought a new crankset, why are you asking for people's opinions on the decision? So that you can ignore, argue with, and misinterpret every single response that doesn't affirm your decision?

Last edited by Koyote; 12-08-21 at 11:23 AM.
Likes For Koyote: