Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3901 Post(s)
Liked 1,951 Times in 1,392 Posts
Originally Posted by koala logs
That is correct. I deal with some degree of food insecurity from economic difficulties and mental issues from past trauma on top of it. But because of riding and some training, it's even worse, I feel hunger quite often even if I'm doing nothing.

Anyway, fasting or low calorie diet alone (forced or not), won't make you live long or longer. The quality of the food also counts and often, the healthiest foods that are actually quite palatable tends to be expensive. Obviously those with food insecurity would have very limited food options and likely nutrition would be of poor quality.

Lastly, food insecurity is strongly connected to economic stability and quality of life. It's very obvious. Those who deal with food insecurity would have little to no financial stability, low quality of life and quite possibly dealing with very high levels of stress on a daily basis.

Stress is a killer. It seems to dictate the lifespan quite strongly regardless of how healthy or unhealthy you are with other aspects of life. I know so from my poor relatives and now me. If I haven't been riding, I'd be dead by now at 40 from heart attack or stroke from too much stress. Just before I took on riding, I nearly had a heart attack from high levels of stress. So I started exercising. The high levels of stress I deal with daily did not go away but my heart is healthier and no longer does that thing like it wanted to quit on me and can't breath.

I know plenty of obese who live very long lives. 80+ Because they deal with very little stress. I think the only stress they deal with is boredom. I think some might say boredom is a serious source of stress but believe me most rich and bored people live very long lives unless they O'Ded on drugs or crashed their lambo or helicopter into flames. Poor people on the other hand, dealing with intense stress, struggling to play bills and problems cause by economic difficulties, they tend to die around the age of 60 even if they're eating very little. Ironically, an early death could even be a blessing. Who would want to live long dealing with huge amount of stress and either physical or mental pain everyday? No one.
Oy. That's the story of too many Americans, a story which is too often suppressed. Thank you. I am very happy to be 77 and am sad for younger people who aren't as lucky. There are millions of Africans dying of hunger right now, experiencing autophagy and being largely ignored. There's no money in it.