Old 07-08-20, 10:55 AM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2337 Post(s)
Liked 2,819 Times in 1,540 Posts
What is your dream C&V inspired Bespoke Bike build?

If you were to do a custom bike (assuming C&V inspired but no judgement as long as there is a C&V in the stable ) what builder would you use and how would you spec the build?

This is for fun and some inspiration as I am getting close to putting myself in queue for a custom (Kid has graduated from college, a couple of other finananical goals are close, but let's not talk about the weight loss goal)

This is what I am thinking for a build if I were to pull the trigger right now:

Builder: Dave Kirk, good rep, like his innovations, not too bad of a queue, joe bell paint and made in Montana (second up would be a local to me builder Bronson Silva)

Frame: Goal is One Bike that i could do it all on: long rides, fairly fast, commute, light gravel. classic parallel top tube, but would discuss with builder pros/cons, English BB and threaded headset (aethetics and flexibility as I get less young), handle up to 32 mm tire (or 28 with fenders). Braze ons: chain hanger, fender and rack (rack would be discussed...ideas is for light loads for commuting, to avoid backpack....no plans for heavy touring (possible super light credit card outings)

Paint: Shimmering, iridescent bright green/chartreuse of some sort (love porshe rhodium silver coler but don't think sliver shows as well on a biker frame.....but maybe with green lug lines?)

Group: Shimano ultegra with 11/34 and compact crank high performance and value, feels a little more durable than durace, but would consider doing durace
Wheels: area I most at a conundrum on direction. 32 spoke. Probably tubular (doing a real life tubie/clinche comparison to help decide) Not sure if just do Ultegra or Durace (if 32) or something like Chris King, leaning to Hed rims. thoughts?

Tires: Conti gp5000 if clincher, lots of options if tubular

Cockpit/seatpost: Nitto. Noodle bars Nitto looks great and great quality

Saddle: Brooks swift titanium probably. May look at other lighter options

Headset: Chris King

Any way fun to dream, what is yours? (and it could be a dream build based on a classic frame)

Likes For squirtdad: