Old 11-29-20, 06:26 PM
WulfKeeper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Taper week: less intensity, duration or both?

G'day all

I've been training for a short time trial on the track. 3 laps from a standing start. If I had to put a label on it, this is typical 'pursuiter' profile, less than three minutes flat chat. Spent the past few months doing weights and stretches mixed with endro and lately power sessions on the bike. Training times are coming down nicely. I'm in the Master age group (recovery takes sooooo much longer than it used to!) The big day is 2 weeks away...
This is my first serious attempt at a track training plan. I'm curious as to how best manage my final week. Taper seems sensible (fresh and loaded for the big day). From what I can gleen, there are three choices: 1. Keep the duation of the bike workouts but wind the intensity back to 50-70%; 2. Keep the intensity but drop the duration by a similar amount; or 3) drop intensity and duration for the final week - spin short and easy.

My confusion mainly stems from the advice I've seen being aimed at endurance athletes. Can't seem to find a lot on power/sprint training.

Sage council of the hive mind gratefully appreciated

Cheers
W