GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by SapInMyBlood
600k at 25 kph : 24 hours

600k at 30kph : 20 hours!

I did a 600k at 29kph average a few months back, it's nice to be able to go a bit faster on long distances
Congrats. 20:45 for 600K brevet is record time in the USA, unless you are in a velomobile. I did one in 23:XX completely solo with a mechanical. I had researched times and IIRC, around 22:15 was the fastest I found for upright riders working together. If you did that 29 k/hr 600K brevet solo, you would very easily be able to finish with Les Premieres at PBP for instance. In other words, few randos are as fast as you but you probably know that.

There is no question speed is nice, makes it easy to have options. What some fail to recognize is there is nothing slower than being stopped. There are many ways to reduce time, few have the luxury of going so fast.

Do you ride with aero bars? What kind of kit? Any details on your bike?

I used go ride a Felt AR1 with Zipp 404 wheels, Assos T Centos, Assos S7 jersey, Assos warmers, and my reflective Gillet is from Gore. The Gilet breaths pretty well but more importantly is much more aerodynamic than the standard ones (and yes, I measure the CdA effects)