Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
An MI? Did they put a stent(s) in? Bypass? Hope he is getting back better.

I'll tell you, it messes with my head. I don't have a plumbing issue, no blockages but I have an electrical issue. My heart stops many times per night when sleeping for up to 8 seconds. They say there is nothing they can do. Some night, my heart just isn't going to start back up and suddenly dead. They all say to keep exercising. The practical problem is getting woken so often and the sympathetic nervous system getting wacked means I am often ready to sleep anywhere. I don't know anything about Rowan's situation but I can just say, I hope he recovers and is ok
If you can see my signature line, the first link is entitled 'Rowan' ... that's about his accident 3 years ago which resulted in a severe traumatic brain injury. So there's that.

Then in May he had an NSTEMI (https://www.healthline.com/health/nstemi) which is a mild, partial blockage heart attack. It looks like a clot lodged against the wall of an artery and he was fine while doing "normal" stuff, but when exercising, there wasn't enough blood flow to handle it.

He's on meds for now but may need a stent at some point. The cardiologist said to get on the bicycle again and keep riding. Exercise is good. And he seems to have a bit more energy since he's been on the meds.