Thread: 2021 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 07-07-21, 09:38 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,063 Times in 1,081 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
I find it very interesting the use of words.....stressful and get it over with.

One year I was close enough to K-hund that it would have been easy and since I was going to do the miles anyway, I gave it serious contemplation but in the end doing all those permanents and all the paperwork just seemed too unenjoyable. Too many controls nowadays. For me, it just ruins a ride to be frank. Too many controls 10-20 miles apart. I do one flat 200k with 5 controls in the first 70 miles. Has anyone ever heard of or saw some cheating?

I am wondering why the stressfulness? Is it the paperwork that gets you, like me?
Not the paperwork; these days it's all electronic anyway.

The stress is about not wanting to screw up and somehow miss a month. Either injury, illness, or skipping a bad weather weekend only to leave a worse weather weekend. Monday I did a MTB ride and tonight I raced a criterium, and the main thought on my mind both days was, don't crash and break a bone, because that would end my R-12 at 11.

I ended my string at R-60 a couple years ago, just because I needed a break. I have a little regret about not continuing, but it was a nice relief. Now I'm all in again.
Likes For downtube42: