Old 12-15-21, 10:10 AM
msr_78

Bikes: Too many - most used now Litespeed Gravel & Prorace Hauser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
I don't think this is what is actually how the priority of suppling works. The aftermarket is not what Shimano depends on. It is the OEM brands that buy the bulk of Shimano's production and what helps Shimano to better forecast their future manufacturing. I do agree that Shimano does think about the aftermarket suppliers needing product, just not so much that their bigger customers get shorted. A cynical person might also postulate that it is better for the big customers (and thus Shimano) to sell more bikes and a draught of repair parts (or their higher costs) will motivate some consumers to not wait for the upgrade parts and instead just get all the improvements a complete new bike has. Andy (who sometimes can be cynical)
Flat mount anyone?

I tend to agree with Andy here - if Shimano was prioritizing (or even thinking about) the aftermarket they wouldn't have f***** all of us introducing flat mount, non compatible RD and shifters not only across mtb and road ranges, but also across years or even group levels, etc., etc. Not that SRAM is any better, but I feel they are slightly less of a d*** when it comes to cross compatibility.

And that was my rant of the day against the lack of industry standardization.
Likes For msr_78: