UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
An inexpensive trike is a lot slower than a DF
We're often doing 8-10 mph on account of the younger kid, so I'm not too worried about that - sometimes she only wants to do 6 mph.

and the ride is not that smooth because the chain stays go straight to your shoulder blades and the frame is made of stout pieces of cheaper steel.
This is more of a concern. What I was hoping was that the seat position would be less of a back pain issue, but maybe I'm just imagining that. Rail trail is in pretty good shape apart from the occasional well marked root crack that can be slowed for. But if every little bump is going to hurt, then I guess it's a bad idea.

I don't think she would keep up and find it fun unless it has a motor and a really fat soft back tire. If she can't contribute much on the tandem it's going to be even slower. Do you think she could manage something like a Pedego?
I've considered suggesting we try the local share e-bikes, but they weigh a ton so I'm a little worried about "wrenching" during incidental handling - there have been some incidents on the sailboat that aggravated things.

Perhaps the shop will let her try sitting on the trike and lap of their parking lot before we decide on the two hour rental.