Old 01-10-22, 08:08 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
I pay rwgps for the cue sheet functionality. It annoys me that it's the most expensive option, but it isn't a huge amount of money. I hope they stay away from venture capitalists. And every time I do go back, it does seem like they have improved something.

Someone once compiled a listing of results from RUSA and the number of people that have ridden a 300k is significantly smaller than the number of people that have ridden a 200k. 400k is the classic randonneuring distance. 300k is too short to be sexy. For me, my first 300k was when I realized I could ride as far as I wanted. I got to the 200k mark and felt great and it was only another 100k to the finish. I have noted the phenomenon that I always feel drained after any ride, 200k on up. I rode a 200k before pbp in 2011 and felt like crap afterwards, mostly because it was very hot and I had burns on my upper thighs from my saddle because I had been sweating so much. But I did fine on PBP, other than being so sleepy I slept 6 hours out of the last 12.