Old 01-22-22, 04:59 AM
tobias74

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Synmag
I have decided to get an indoor trainer as I keep fluctuating by 20-30lbs each winter and spend the summer losing it. I ride alone strictly for fitness and I like the idea of a smart trainer and the distraction of watching a virtual world go by.

Reading through one of the software reviews I saw that at least one allows using Google maps to select your route. Wouldn't it make sense to just simply ride through Google Streetview? Either have a third party app provide the elevation change to feed the resistance or Google could do it themselves easy enough with their resources.

I'm not interested in races, group rides, monitoring power etc. etc..

It would be great to do this without a monthly subscription. Perhaps Racx's TTS would be best? I know people complain about paying for routes/videos but if u can buy a few for a finite cost that would be great.

I really wouldn't want to pay more than $10 for a subscription if that ends up being the only choice.

Any suggestions?
You might want to check out "drumuri.bike" (I am not allowed to post URLs)
On drumuri.bike you can connect your smart trainer and ride virtually using streetview.

Disclaimer: I am the author of drumuri.bike and it is currently still in its development stage :-)

Howto: Just click on two points on the map and it will display a route. Then click on "Start Workout"

Last edited by tobias74; 01-22-22 at 05:02 AM. Reason: clarification