Old 08-14-08, 12:42 PM
leamcorp

Bikes: Fuji Team Trek FX Bianchi MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by n4zou

MTE SSC P7 C-Bin 900-Lumen 8-Mode LED Flashlight. $45.90 free ship.
Brighter than automobile headlights on high mode, medium and low power modes for longer run times. Flash modes make you visible even in bright daylight.
P7 flashlights are selling out almost as fast as there listed. Hurry if you want one.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13060
Just want to say, Thanks so much for sharing this info. I bought 2 of these along with 8 batteries/charger and its working great.

For a while, I had 2 Fenix L2D setup on my swingbar (Minoura) for my night commuting. Although it did a pretty good job, I wanted a bit more light - especially at higher speed (20-30mph).

So I bought 2 more lights - this time UltraFire to supplement the Fenix. They were bit disappointing as I didn't find them too bright and didn't mix well with Fenix as it had a similar light pattern, which just made the white spot - whiter. I also didn't like managing 4 light and all that batteries.

So I bought 2 of those SSC lights. Holy crap - now one of this light is replacing the entire setup. The way I have it now is - 1 primary SSC, 2nd (spare or in casebattery runs out on 1st) and 1 fenix mounted on my helmet.

This thing lights up the road and for the first time last night - I see cars waiting for me as they come out of side road or they come up very slow behind me. I think they had a hard time figuring out what was in front of them - maybe they thought is was a motor cycle that was going slow (due to breakdown?). I don't care why, because it works, not only as a front light, but also as a "be seen" light at 12:00am.

I thought I wasn't going to like having non-common battery - but its no different than having a AA battery. You just have to buy them in advance and have enough spare on your bag. In actuality, I think I'll like the lithium battery more as they hold better charge and have longer lifespan than Nimh.

You are absolutely right - they've been out of stock for quite a while (5 and 8 mode version). I just bought 2 mode version, which is perfect for cycling as you only want high or low, depending on your ambient light condition. I'm getting 2 more to replace the fenix on my helmet and a spare.

The lights are much larger than Fenix, so keep that in mind. Instead of Fishblock, I had to use a larger mount. The cost of 2 light and charger/batteries were about equal to 2 fenix lights (last year) without the batteries/charger.