View Single Post
Old 08-18-08, 06:18 AM
daredevil
cyclepath

Bikes: 2005 Trek Pilot 5.0, 2001 Specialized Sirrus Pro, Kona Lava Dome, Raleigh hardtail converted to commuter, 87 Takara steel road bike, 2008 Trek Soho

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Yan
There's nothing amazing about this. It's just a regular LED flashlight modified to run off a battery pack. Not worth the money in my opinion. Just buy a couple of $20 Cree flashlights from DealExtreme and switch out rechargable batteries as needed. How much time does it really take to pop a couple of new batteries into your flashlights? Do it during your waterbreaks. Double the light, $14 cheaper after factoring in shipping (free from DealExtreme).

The Cat Eyes may seem "pretty bright", but are actually many times dimmer than these flashlights.
The Fenix flashlights have generally gotten rave reviews on these forums. I bought a couple because of this and couldn't be happier. This light that you say is nothing special is supposedly brighter with longer run times than the Fenix.

So who can tell me if this is really better than the Fenix L2D's?