View Single Post
Old 07-29-21, 12:39 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by pgjackson
The very few people with legit eating disorders shouldn't be on an internet forum looking for advice. They should be seeking professional help. What I posted is generally considered sound for most people.
What you posted is too poorly formulated to determine whether that last sentence is true.

All I'm saying is that a couple of qualifiers and adjectives could go a long way to making it clear you're not suggesting anything unhealthy. Your statement that "The only way you are in any danger of destroying muscle is due to EXTREME workouts" is actually quite wrong--extreme non-eating can also cause this. "Fasting" means a lot of different things, not sure why you would resist being clear in explaining what you mean by it.

I don't think people with eating disorders are as rare as you seem to think, and it's well-known that they flock to internet forums. Yes, they shouldn't, but that's no excuse to give them ammo to use against themselves.