Old 11-20-20, 07:27 AM
Rides4Beer

Bikes: SuperSix Evo | Revolt

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked 815 Times in 414 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
These are pretty sweet looking and definitely tick all the boxes on this thread.

Anyone know why the Chris King hubs aren't available as a "North America" option? Looks like they can be configured through "Global Options", and there's a few more options on colors and rims w/o holes, etc. The 36mm version of this wheel with CX-Ray, CK R45 hubs is $1177 and 1517g. I might be tempted to spend the extra $200 to get those, if "Global Options" are available in the US.
The North American location is a distributor/builder in Canada, they just don't stock certain hubs. They also don't offer custom color/rim options because they stock the rims with decals already applied. The Global option is direct from the factory, which is why you can have them make your wheels any way you want. I had them make mine with three LB decals in white (instead of two, looks uneven with two, imo) and the valve stem decal in gray, can only do that through the Global option. My next set with be without holes, no decals, and in satin finish, all options only available through Global (they don't even list satin, but it's available, just email them and ask for it). The downside is you have a longer wait time, you can usually get wheels from the North American location quicker. But either way you go, they are great wheels.

This is my old set, AR46s with the grooved brake track, they were awesome.

Likes For Rides4Beer: