View Single Post
Old 09-16-21, 08:21 AM
downhillmaster

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 776 Times in 402 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Look at the quote and tell me that isn't an implied statement that men who don't repair the bike roadside are "womanly". Obviously, that is supposed to be an insult of the men, that they are acting like women who can't fix their own bikes.

Ryda's comment is an overtly sexist comment. I agree with Maelochs that OP probably isn't to be taken too seriously, but your claim here is really an insult to everyone's intelligence. Why would you work this hard to deny the obvious?

And no, in your hypothetical, I'm working with the first tech who talks to me, this "you would" crap is nonsense. Yes, if you opt for the male tech just because he's male and reject the female simply because she's female, you are a sexist person. That averages junk is a very transparent rationalization of anti-group prejudice. And just so you know, that's not how statistics work. There is no such thing as a "law of averages" for individual skills and talents.

You're actually much worse than OP here, you should know better.
Nope.
If the overwhelming majority of bike shop techs are male you would be going against the averages by assuming the female is the tech. You knew what my point was and cannot wiggle out with semantics.
And I agree with you that Ryda made sexist comments but as you know, I wasn’t referring to him.