Old 06-29-22, 08:42 AM
aliasfox

Bikes: Lynskey R270 Disc, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 131 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
I get to the top of a hill..............when I get there. No reason to tire myself out with miles to go before I sleep.

I live on a small hill in my neighborhood. There's this guy that makes laps through the neighborhood. As he approaches the start of the hill, he's looking around to see if people are out working in their yards. If the yards are empty, he stays in his saddle and casually goes up the hill. But if he has an audience, he's out of the saddle, dancing on the pedals and making noises like it's a Cat climb in the TDF. He really puts on a show.. It's pretty funny to watch.
Lol. I'll try different things on the hills to see how they feel - low gear spinning, higher gear cranking, standing, sitting, maintaining one gear, shifting up and down just to vary the cadence - but don't do any of it to show off, rather to see if my Strava time gets significantly better or worse on those segments.

The only time I might be accused of showing off is making sure I get up those hills ahead of the rental bikes - my own pride won't let me get passed by a 45lbs Citibike when I'm in full lycra riding an 18lbs road bike...