View Single Post
Old 07-22-20, 09:39 PM
woofy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
It's interesting to hear from knowledgeable and experienced cyclists who have ridden bikes that are similar but made of different materials. This is less common than it might seem. What we see more of on BF is the whine of reverse snobbery. That said, I don't think anyone would argue there isn't a place in cycling for a nice CAAD!
I’m a fan, particularly of CAAD. My CAAD10 shares the stable with a hi mod evo of the same vintage. So I can compare. Geometry very similar. Same company. Same vintage. Both get ridden a lot. Granted, I tend to use the CAAD a bit more as a mule and a beater, but I derive absolutely no less pleasure from it. Some days I swear it just plain feels more direct.

Stiff! It was less comfortable than the evo. A carbon sb seatpost (Cannondale SAVE), Carbon railed saddle Fizik Aliante and carbon bars removed the greater part of the discomfort. There remains a difference, but I like the feel and I look forward to riding it. The price point is great and can help to pay for the carbon parts.

Vintage? One of these days I’m going to pick up a CAAD4 Saeco and ride all period parts just to remind me of how far we really have come since Mario showed up to the Tour in a toga... and one of these AL bikes. If it costs me more than 500 I’ll be surprised. Definitely a place for AL... especially CAAD. My house any day.