gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4682 Post(s)
Liked 5,802 Times in 2,286 Posts
Gugie's bike

Easy choice, the Zero Bike is hanging out at the starting line in Andy's PRB garage. I noticed a couple of rusty cable clamps on Touroica. I'm arriving a full day before we start, so I should have plenty of time to effect repairs. I'm also switching from my GB28 front handlebar bag to my custom Waxwing BAB, which has a more storage capacity, but more importantly has many organization features I spec'ed. I typically pair my black GB28 with a black Zimbale on this bike, but I prefer my Waxwing BAB handlebar bag along with a matching Waxwing saddlebag. The decaleur design for the BAB was done in collaboration with Dave Cain at Waxwing, which is incompatible with the GB28. One of my other bikes has this decaleur design (Big Red, a hyper-modified Peter Weigle 650b conversion), used on the 2019 Magical Mystery Tour of the PNW.

1979 Centurion Pro Tour

Drivetrain is original (SR Apex triple, 1st gen Suntour Cyclone), 700c wheels (Velocity Dyad, 8-speed cassette, SP front generator hub), MAFAC RAID brakes are long enough to reach the difference between the OEM 27" wheels and the 700c that it currently has. Maybe most importantly, an @rhm saddle, super comfortable for the long days ahead. A Technomics tall stem and randonneur style bars make for comfortable hand positioning. Compass Rene Herse 700c x 35 tires make for a cushy ride. No fenders on this one, not enough clearance for this tire size and besides, it's in California!

@rhm releathered saddle with custom brand

Now we can wait for @BoltBreaker to post, correct my spelling and grammar, and point out factual errors to be replaced by his own alternate facts. @davester will probably chime in wondering how and why he got roped into this mess - Thor is a friend of Dave's from way back. We'll have to wait until the paper edition of this forum gets to Thor and he writes a letter to the editor. It may get posted here before next January.

If you, like me were bored at work and looking for something interesting to read, well, you killed some time here at least, and it's closer to quitting time.

Last edited by gugie; 06-10-22 at 09:34 AM.