Old 04-21-22, 12:10 AM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by beng1
If you weigh that much then you should start off with a stationary bike of some sort, they make many of them sturdy with big seats. Try to work your way up to riding hard for 45 minutes five times a week, take weekends off. If you do this, and do it hard so you are getting hot and sweaty, and you phase in some lean foods, then maybe after a time you can get to where it will be more safe to ride a bicycle out on the street. I once weighed as much as 240 pounds, and one year when I rode a bike long and hard five days a week I lost sixty pounds !!! Now I am tall, so I hide weight well, but people were still telling me how skinny I got. Once you drop enough weight get into walking too in the same way, hard for at least 45 minutes, and alternate it with cycling. But don't go walking hard when you weight a lot or you will just destroy your knee and hip joints. Swimming is an option too for heavy people that is very low impact on joints. But no matter what you do you have to do it seriously and at a hard pace or you will not see any changes from it. I have changed the way I eat a lot since I was younger too. I used to eat every type of rich junk food known, but now I have cut out all carbonated beverages, all dairy milk, most all sugary things, most all red meat and birds too. I just drink water, eat fruit and veggies and salad and beans and healthy cereal with no sugars high on the ingredients. Sugar is the worst, and you have to watch your bread intake too. Get thin crust pizza without pepperoni. Start eating canned fish like salmon. Quit eating for something to do or as a hobby and replace it with working out for a hobby, gardening, working on cars or anything you can think of. Eating as a sport or hobby will kill anyone. Try to keep moving, stay away from the TV and couch and stay on your feet or on the stationary bike, swimming, or even on your knees weeding a garden. Try metal-detecting, it keeps you moving and doing something. Eating and sitting will cut anyone's life expectancy in half. Good luck.
im about 260 lbs right now and cycle everywhere. This sport is very friendly to fat people, its not hard on the joints