Old 09-04-22, 01:59 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Just a heads up but the coverage and plans vary a good bit by area so what might be attractive in one area/county might be different in another area. Just make sure when you do your recon you make sure you're getting information for where you live or plan to live.

Having said that, I have an Advantage plan that offers Vision and Dental. But my dentist of 40 years does not accept that insurance company's coverage so I'm not getting any benefit via the Advantage plan for it. I looked at doing a separate dental plan but I can get the basic cleanings and dental services cheaper by doing out of pocket than paying the monthly premiums for a separate policy. I do get some Vision benefits which is "nice" but it's not a deal breaker.

I look at the different plans when it is time to renew each year. What the difference maker is for me is which insurance plan treats my maintenance medications as "no cost" as most other costs and c overages are very similar. It takes some time to look at each company and dive into the details on which drugs are treated as generics or no cost but by doing that I'm assured I'm getting the lowest cost for essentially the same coverage. Good luck, it's a pain to renew every year.....I'm moving in a few months so I will have to change plans as my current provider does not offer the same coverage in my new county. I bet most people getting Medicare don't really do the necessary research every year and pay accordingly. It will help if you can put together a list of your medications and expected medical and or dental needs to use to help with the estimates.

I think there are Independent folks out there that will help you but I've never used one.