View Single Post
Old 10-17-22, 12:51 AM
circlemaker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I think some of your comments are in earnest, and I will respond accordingly. First, I think you would agree, there are many reasons to cycle and many reasons to compete. For me, competitive cycling is nothing more than combining recreation with the attempt to match or surpass the performance of other cyclists. I’m just an aging cyclist trying to stay young and have fun. ----- I don't know why you assume I gloat or try to make other cyclists feel bad when I pass them. Do you do that? If our speeds are not too different, I usually say hello or comment on their bike. Do I feel good about dropping a skin-suited cyclist half my age? Of course, I do! And so would you (unless half your age is less than 16). But I do it to feel good. Not to make others feel bad. If I wanted to make others feel bad, I would draft and take every advantage to win (and be a Cat 6 racer). ----- Surely it is not difficult to imagine how you can be paced by a cyclist who passes you competitively, and whom you challenge on the next hill, all without drafting? ---- No? Really? ----- Triathlon? I would if I could run and swim worth a damn. ----- Skinsuit? Well, it would cover my very hairy arms and legs. But if I refrain from the advantage of drafting, why would I wear one of those? ----- I genuinely appreciate your mention of terrain grade. Despite riding my best uphill, my riding is mostly on fairly flat, windy stretches. My decision should accord with that, even though I rarely maintain 20+ MPH for more than a few minutes at a time. ---- The aero versions of the bikes I have looked at have wheels that are quite deep.

Just a quick request: please don't assume the worst about people. This Country is a mess due to that sort of thing. Thanks.
Likes For circlemaker: