View Single Post
Old 01-29-23, 02:21 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10462 Post(s)
Liked 11,959 Times in 6,122 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
Looking to buy a new ride and am happy with the fit of my current ride so i'd like to keep the fit as similar as possible. in comparing the geometry of my current ride i find that naturally i am one of those in betweeners. i have this unfounded impression that the two most important measurements would be stack and reach. would that be a correct assessment? or are there other considerations i should also add emphasis to like tube angles or tube lengths?
Stack will tell you whether you can get the bars at the same height without a crapload of spacers. Reach will tell you whether you can put the bars the same distance away without resorting to an 80mm or a140mm stem. These days, it seems like getting your saddle the right height and setback is just a question of getting a seatpost that allows you to put the saddle in the right place. Head tube angle affects handling more than fit, and it seems like seat tube angle these days primarily determines whether you need a seatpost with setback or not.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: