Old 04-28-20, 09:00 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
Just an FYI: I'm a former Xootr Swift owner, and it's the only bike I shed tears for. Now that that's out of the way,... I Don't recommend a Swift folder to ANYONE because they're no longer being sold by Xootr. There's alway the Peter option, but that's an expensive, custom endeavor. Otherwise, unless the OP gets lucky, there's no Swifts to be found. And the OP also is trying to spend not too much $$$ as well,...

As for citibike,...we're in the midst of a global pandemic. No way in **** would I recommend a bike share. The OP wants to OWN a FOLDER,...citibikes are non-folding rental TANKS.

PS: For the OP - there's a few excellent Dahon folders for sale on Craigslist. Maybe you should check 'em out,... https://newyork.craigslist.org/searc...ik?query=dahon
There is a guy on the Bike Friday Google Groups Yak thinking of selling a size small pocket companion. There is a Xootr swift on San Francisco Craigslist.
I agree about share bikes - using "share" anything right now is not real smart unless you come with tons of disinfecting wipes. And even under the best of circumstances, share bikes are good for the last mile or so, not for recreational or pleasure riding. They are very heavy, not terribly comfortable, and suffer from the weight when pedaling up any grade.