View Single Post
Old 07-09-20, 07:57 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
well, I'm planning to go buy at least one new tire today, in prep for a short tour up here in rural Canada next week.

it's really stinking hot right now, 35c and 43c with humidex, and I could see asking people out in the country if they mind if we run their garden hose for a minute to then fill up our water bottles. I'm kind of expecting people to be less forthcoming with just inviting you in to their kitchen to get a refill from their tap....we'll see.

I think we will have to be extra observant on how people react to us, and I'm curious to see how things are in rural stores etc
As per the usual in our daily life, we will have masks for going into stores, and generally all stores limit the people in them, to avoid crowdedness.

I'm not expecting any problems, but I'm sure that just by doing the same as we are now, being careful of distancing from people, all will be well and not really have an impact on biking.
Be careful getting water from garden hoses. A lot of it is not really fit for human consumption due to leaching of the materials the hose is made of. I try to carry lots of water with me if going for long ride in the heat and humidity. I've used toe-straps to secure a bottle of water or PowerAde to my handlebar and or seat.

Or I'll mount my handlebar bag on the seatpost behind my saddle and carry many small bottles of water in that. I often freeze some of those bottes so they'll be cool later in the day.

This is the mock up before going on a good bike. With the handlebar bag mounted like this steering is not affected and I can put a fair bit of weight in it.

Cheers
Likes For Miele Man: