cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 631 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasJen
OK, maybe I was confusing your question about the bag and my belt. I thought you were referring to the belt I was wearing. The saddle bag has a CO2 inflator and a couple cartridges, spare tube, couple of levers and a pair of Allen wrenches. That's all that's in there but it's not really that big a bag. There's very little room left.
What is a Mondo?
Maybe I could have been clearer, I get it also now...
Small waist pack/bag is a good idea way to carry a key and also a Med/Insurance ID, should a mishape make it necessary...
The saddlebag though, is low hanging fruit in the 'aero' game. Weight is minor, but saddlebags are always 'loose' and moving/flopping around some - an aero hit for sure...
not having on the bike during a competition is free aero improvement. I would expect most organized Tris have some form of marshalling, and doing repairs pretty much puts 'paid' to your best time...
Better to assure the bike, wheels, tires are in top form before the race, learn how to 'sweep' the tires when going thru what might be significant road grit.
Mondo = Mondopoint - an ISO sizing method for footwear, been very dominant in the winter sports areas for many decades, but also making in-roads now into other athletic footwear.
SO you have US, UK, Euro and Mondo....
Popped up right after I posted here... I ordered some new EKOI Carbon cycling shoes last night, french company and they use Mondo as their comparison on their sizing chart - so 45 Euro in EKOI shoes is 28.6 Mondo...
Mondo is actually a real measure of the foot length, unlike all the other sizing methods (EU, UK , US - US is close in inches, but not so close these days and lots of variability)
Mondo is the actual length of the foot from most forward toe to back of heel, in cm... so footwear designed for that length foot, and needing consideration of width, arch length, volume etc...

Speed, on a bike, is all incremental things, others jest about something being small, insignificant change - same guys who will spend big bucks for 'minor' equipment changes which might cost substantial bucks - but if it's free, it's for me... if tucking my elbows is better, and I can do it... I would/will.
Ride On
Yuri

Last edited by cyclezen; 07-19-22 at 03:01 PM.