rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2561 Post(s)
Liked 5,594 Times in 2,903 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
A few days ago a riding buddy showed up in a matching jersey and bibs that were some sort of camo pattern with a few colors. Rapha in script was slapped on the left jersey breast.
The seams were folded over, there were no compression bands on the jersey or shorts, and it overall looked exactly what a $40 kit would presumably look like in terms of quality.
He didnt know what Rapha is and bought it for the design. Works for him so cool, I guess. The guy rides probably 6000mi a year so not some newb.

I dont understand the appeal of cheap clothing, but I also dont understand the appeal of expensive clothing. I firmly reside in the wide middle ground.
More expensive clothing definitely seems to last, at least everything Ive ever purchased.
I would rather have 2 quality bibs and 4 quality jerseys than have 4 mediocre bibs and 8 cheap jerseys.
Some people live on a budget. Sure good quality may cost more and last longer, but for some it’s too much of a stretch. But then some people are just cost conscious.