Old 12-31-22, 09:07 PM
Attilio

Bikes: Salsa!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapusta
XC Skiing… not DH skiing… is the more relevant comparison to fat biking. XC and DH skiing are worlds apart in nearly every way.
Agree that XC is more similar but both have same drawbacks in terms of practicality vs cycling in general. Can easily bike almost every day and I have done so the last 3-4 years. The biggest expense and aggravation with cycling is the initial purchase hit and maybe clothing for winter and eventually a few mods to your bike to better quality, more durable equipment as things break. But the ongoing cost and effort of keeping your bike on the road or trail is a rounding error compared to initial purchase. All you have to do is....... get on the bike and ride and it can be done literally anywhere. Not so with skiing. Dollar for dollar, hour for hour I think they are at opposite ends of the practicality and ease of doing spectrum. Maybe running or walking is more efficient money wise but running is too harsh on my joints and walking is not enough exercise or calorie burn. Nothing like cycling has hit that sweet spot.