View Single Post
Old 06-03-21, 10:04 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Milton Keynes
Well, I don't disagree with that. I guess what I'm really trying to get at is that weight loss is ~80% diet and 20% exercise. Focus on your diet and don't forget to exercise, but realize that diet is the larger portion of weight loss. So many people don't realize that exercise won't really help if you're eating Big Macs and donuts every day, so getting a handle on what you eat will change the effect that exercise has.

I don't think you can put numbers on that like you do. People vary so much in metabolism and their propensity to store fat that the ratio is going to vary wildly from person to person. TBH, most advice like this is largely worthless. I've lost and kept off about 145 pounds a few years ago, the last 45 or so while exercising a lot and eating quite a bit more. I don't recommend that to other people because I have no idea whether they could sustain the level of activity or even if it would be good for them if they did. I only know what works for me.
Likes For livedarklions: