View Single Post
Old 09-19-22, 09:05 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,995 Times in 1,780 Posts
Well Friday night ( or was it Thursday?) I helped out the guy that bought my Klein Quantum II. He was trying to commute in town with the racing oriented tubular setup on the bike. I never ride in town but I guess the roads are bad compared to what I deal with. Anyway, I sell local only and don't like a buyer not being happy with one of my bikes. So I gave him a spare set of wheels I had floating around with some Gatorskin Hardshells I had taken off of something. Dug into the parts stash and was able to find some regular pads for his brake holders too. The tubular wheels were Reynolds C.F. ones so the pads had to be swapped. So we swapped over the cassette, pads and wheels, adjusted the brakes and he was good to go. Now he's got a commuting set of wheels and a race set of tubulars for spirited riding. Gotta keep my buyers happy, it ain't about the money.

Then Saturday I got caught out in the pouring rain while on my beautiful Coppi. Freaking weathermen totally lied yet again. 12 miles of pouring rain had the bike covered with fine grit, so much for a clean drivetrain. So I put 'er up on the stand and did a partial teardown and deep clean to get all the grit off. I have a wet weather bike so I hate it when one of my good rides get's messed up like this. Luckily I was Mavic wheels with a metal brake track for the otherwise carbon wheels. Although the Veloflex Corsa Race tires slipped on me several times as I was racing back in the wet.