View Single Post
Old 10-02-22, 10:57 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,392 Times in 3,676 Posts
Originally Posted by Dirt Road Blues
​​​​​​
Of course. Rules are rules. But being a newbie I've had to wait anxiously to get my post count up to 10. I think we're there now, so let's give it a try...

I checked CL last night just before bed & saw a Peugeot that had been listed earlier in the day. It looked good. The price was below market. It was in my size range & it came with extra goodies. Because of the asking price I was sure it must had sold already & that the seller hadn't deleted the ad yet. But in the off chance that it was still available I sent a text.

Woke up this morning & sent a follow up text. I heard back from the seller by mid morning. He mentioned that a buyer was coming by to look at it around 1PM but would let me know if the sale didn't pan out. By 1:30 he contacted me a second time to let me know the buyer was a no show. We made arrangements to meet & I bought it late this afternoon.

Now I'm definitely breaking a rule here with a non-drive side pic, but here's the new ride resting against a bust stop (I didn't want to ride from the far end of Springfield to Eugene with an extra set of wheels on board). Not shown is an extra super record seat post in it's original box, Stronglight 93 crankset with drillium chainrings & two NOS NR chainrings in a Record Strada box.

It was a very lucky day!​​​​​
H**Y CRAP!

Nice score, Silca, Concor, good? rough duty tires, and all the rest, very strong work.

Like I said, snatch the pebble.