View Single Post
Old 03-31-22, 04:29 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3901 Post(s)
Liked 4,846 Times in 2,235 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Top tube length is going to be OP's bigger issue. Bigger bikes have longer top tubes and his upper body is very short.

I have a 36 inch inseam and am 6'4 ish.

I can squeeze into some 58 cm frames and have ridden as large as a 62 cm (touring bike). 59-60 cm is about my normal size
ericlowney - I quoted GhostRider62 due to the fact he & I ride the same range of bike sizes even given substantial different body measurements; AND your inseam falls between us.

GhostRider: 6'4" 36" inseam bike size range 58 - 62cm, ideal size = 59/60
Wildwood: 6'1" 34" inseam bike size range 58-62, ideal = 59/60

1. You have super long legs
2. You should be able to ride 58/59/60cm bikes
3. Top tubes (for bike sizes larger than 58cm) do not always increase proportionally with the seat tube.

4. Make sure your seatpost does not have setback.

5. Is your wingspan equal to your height? More? Less?
6. How flexible are you? Do you ride in the drops?
7. The answers to #5+#6 would help determine an ideal top tube and stem length combo.

My wingspan is greater than my height (by 2.5"), and I prefer a top tube of 58cm and stem length around 12.5cm.
Given that there are options for stem length and the handlebar dimensions, top tube measurements may be less critical.
Perhaps GhostRider will offer his preferred top tube & stem length for comparison.

I measure my cycling inseam (PBH = pubic bone height) by inserting a book between the legs, lightly pressing to the bone (while standing against a wall) and measure directly to the floor (not down leg length).

edit: My saddle height is extremely close to yours, but given the variations in saddles, it is not a good fitting measurement.

Last edited by Wildwood; 03-31-22 at 05:30 PM.
Likes For Wildwood: