View Single Post
Old 05-22-22, 06:02 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
If it is really really really hot I want to make sure I have plenty of liquids ideally with some electrolytes and some sort of plan if I have to go out but at some point you might just say hey maybe I will do some shorter more boring laps in terra firma and call it quits as soon as I start feeling like I should. Nobody should ever try to push themselves so far just for a ride unless you are a professional or have a chance at winning or something otherwise be smart out there. Cycling is awesome but one shouldn't torture themselves for it especially not in extreme heat.

Maybe do the 1/3 of the triathlete crap that is tolerable and hop in a pool, if you want to work out do some laps and if not crack open a cold beverage or frozen cocktail type drink and grab a float.
Likes For veganbikes: