View Single Post
Old 09-03-20, 03:17 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
37 pounds of gear is what my average logging/mining road road completely self-support trips in Norther Ontario, Canada uses. that includes my food, cooking gear, stove, two fuel bottles of white gas, four 750ml water bottles, three 500ml water bottles, tent, sleeping bag, foam pad, and groundsheet plus repair tools for the bike. Water is hard to get and needs to be treated/filtered before being drank. I prepare all my bottles at the same time so I have lots of water available to drink the next day. My motto is, Far better to have it and not need it that to need it and not have it. I also carry an extra set of clothing that has long sleeves and long pant legs for those chilly northern nights, and my rain gear. My tours last two weeks at a time.

How far i ride per day depends on how fit I am, how I feel that day, how many stops I make to look at things and so on. It's quite difficult for anyone to advise a strange as to how many miles they should ride each day or for consecutive days. Even on a flat area, a strong or even brisk headwind can make a big if not huge difference in how many miles one can cover per day and recover enough that evening to ride enjoy ably the next day. Pain, especially in the knees is an indication that too many miles are being ridden or that there's a fit issue, if even slight, with the bike.

I hope your next tour is more enjoyable.

Cheers
Likes For Miele Man: