Old 06-08-21, 01:01 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Had a teammate go down (is fine luckily) in the JC crit. He was running his Cycliq or Gopro. Two teammates from a different team ahead of him went for an open slot to the left of a third rider also ahead of him. Third rider feels them coming up his left and literally starts leaning with his left arm reaching out to try to block the two dudes. Straight up like how the dude got the temp ban from the UCI in that sprint. In the process of doing so he misses on the lean or elbow jab and instead falls on his own right in the path of our dude.

Like, WTF is wrong with people. Seriously. Rumor is HE is trying to petition against the other two dudes that made the pass. LOL.

And I wonder why I'm moving towards being a TT, gravel, cyclocross team member. Maybe a timed hill climb fondo deal.

This crap I see on film sometimes is outright ridiculous sometimes.

Part of it with the low level folks, I still wonder if it would happen if courses were done in a way to keep the groups smaller. If you've a pan flat 4-corner deal..........the 4/5's are going to have a pileup at some point if they stay as a 40 to 50 strong accordion for 30min. I say "wonder". I've no idea if that would help or not. Just imagining a pack of 8 up front and then some drop groups.