View Single Post
Old 06-21-21, 09:41 AM
cmh

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 161 Posts
Red Criterium, 50+ (but field was combined with 35+ and 60+), 40 min, very non-technical course. Great race for my team, ok for me. I had a teammate that got away in an early break of 4 and stayed away for about 15 minutes. I did hop on to a couple moves during that didn't get much of a gap, intending to either shut them down or (preferably) get pulled to the break since I had a teammate in it. The middle third of the race I sat in 10th wheel or so and wasn't very active when there were attacks because it seemed like I always had a teammate that was the attacker or responded before I did. Then a teammate of mine did get away with about 15 minutes to go and stayed away for the win. Nobody seemed to want to chase, so laps 5 through 1 to go were pretty slow resulting in a fast and hectic last lap. I didn't do a great job holding my position in that last lap and ended up coming in 16th/50 overall, 6th of 20 in the 50+.

My 17 yr old son did his first crit, (cat 4/5) and hung in to finish with the pack. I'm super happy for him, and proud.
Likes For cmh: