Old 06-28-21, 09:51 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
I actually got free inspections for the life of the car from the dealer. Took advantage of that once because it took me about 75 minutes to get to the place thanks to morning traffic. Not worth the $90/year or so for an inspection. Take it to a place 5 minutes from my house. I can walk there from work to pick it up when it's done.
Semi-related rant. My wife had a Suzuki with a 10 year warranty but Suzuki shuttered their North American automobile operations about 7 or 8 years into the warranty. They worked out arrangements with now-former Suzuki dealers who wanted to participate to keep servicing the warranties. Unfortunately, the two places nearest to where we live were each about 2 hours away.

Then we started getting recall notices for some airbag sensor issue. Of course, people in corporate offices in densely-populated parts of the country don't understand the realities of life in the midwest, and also apparently don't have access to a globe. So even though the recall work was free of charge they wanted us to drive to the authorized service provider, which was 2 hours away.

My position was that it wasn't my fault they installed a ****** airbag sensor so why should I be the one inconvenienced to get it fixed, and also any certified mechanic out to be able to perform this work so why can't I just have it done locally? I called them but the poor lowly-paid customer service rep sitting in the call center wasn't empowered to do anything about it and it wasn't worth the hassle to me to keep pushing the issue. Also it's not like Suzuki actually gives a crap, they're just covering their ass for regulators and courts.

Anyway the car finally died when it somehow got a sudden oil leak and subsequent catastrophic engine failure on the side of the road so now she drives a Hyundai. But we still get recall notices from Suzuki.

TL;DR: Corporation doesn't understand why I don't want to drive 2 hours each way to fix their recall issue.