View Single Post
Old 07-08-21, 08:55 AM
cmh

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 161 Posts
Last race of the Mt. Tabor series. Small field this week in 50+ that started really slow for the first lap and a half - nobody wanted to work. So I attacked, and got away with 5 others. Two of us would work, and the the other 4 seemed fine with it coming back together. My best chances in the race were probably to just stay out of the wind and wait for a bunch sprint (small bunch, about 15 starters), but I had enough points to win the series, so I wanted to try something different. I attacked our group of 6 with a lap to go, when we had only 5-8 seconds on the next group and got a good gap. Alas, I got caught with about 100m to go and passed by 3. 4th place in the race, 1st in the series.

After my race there was a crash in the Cat 5 that left a rider concussed pretty badly on the course. I didn't see the crash or the aftermath as it was opposite of the start/finish area and I haven't seen any update on it. I sure hope the rider is OK. It set the races back about an hour so the promoter shortened the 40+ race and combined it with Cat 4. So, I and few other 50+ guys decided to skip the 40+ race that we usually do after 50+ and go have food and a beer at a nearby cart pod to celebrate the fact that we got to race this summer.

My son was in the cat 5 field but flatted out after the first lap.

Next race: PIR racetrack circuit next Tuesday.
Likes For cmh: