Old 07-10-21, 11:27 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2488 Post(s)
Liked 735 Times in 520 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Whew, a little expensive. But, it does look like it is nicely made, and has endured two kids, and perhaps can be passed to some more kids in the future.

I will be curious whether the kids evolve to 100% pedal powered as they get into their later teens and twenties. But, if both parents pedal, that will make a difference.

Do you do any flatter road riding? Commuting?
Google: Trek Domane+ LT9, and tell me if only 75+ year olds ride a bike like that. Why does being 20 mean you have to ride 100% powered? The hair shirt mentality around cycling has got to end. E- power does NOT mean you aren't working. It means that for the same work you can go faster, further or perhaps, both! And, sometimes that is important. I see nothing wrong with riding with e-assist all of one's life! It's progress, Cliff. One day the motors will be built in. Perfectly healthy people will have implanted motors in their joints to make them stronger, not just when they are old, all the time. Strength and it's benefits are useful at any age and will be. You'll (your great-great-grandkids) be able to knock off a Century ride in 2 hours. Not because your bike is e-assist but because YOU (they) are!

Last edited by Leisesturm; 07-10-21 at 11:33 PM.