Old 07-17-21, 07:21 AM
KPREN

Bikes: 2008 S Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, 2016 E Fat Titanium Bike Custom built by me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Papa Tom
From the OP:

Although I've expressed how much the e-bike has added to my wife's enjoyment of biking and her ability to ride with me, I can still see where reckless, inexperienced e-bike riders are ruining the bike paths in my area. E-bikes are very quickly starting to outnumber traditional bikes, and they are now being ridden by teenagers who are gunning them down the paths as if they are riding motorcycles. The ones with the fat tires are the worst offenders. Watching the chaos created by these bikes out on our favorite bikeway today reminds me that this "revolution" is not ALL for the better.
I have not seen the teenager problem at all but, I bike with a bunch of Gerry's after rush hour weekdays. Average age of our three rides a week group is about 76
What I noticed about my own riding is that I tend to obey traffic laws much better as there is not problem getting going again. I slow down more for kids and dogs because there is little penalty for getting started again. I have finally learned to track stand as the fat e bike is easier to stabilize. Slowing drastically and waiting to pass is fun because I get to feel that acceleration again. What is not to like.

Last edited by KPREN; 07-17-21 at 07:27 AM.
Likes For KPREN: